The post-operative recovery period is highly individual depending on the unique characteristics of your body as well as on the specifics of the surgery/surgeries.
The first stage of wound healing takes two to three weeks. The whole healing process can take up to six months, during which you may experience
pain, swelling and discolouration at the scar site. The final result can be assessed after one year.
Be patient - although you have undergone plastic surgery, the results can be seen only after you have fully recovered.
Below are some general instructions for recovery.
- For the first 48 to 72 hours after eyelid surgery apply a cold pack wrapped in a cloth or paper tissue on the eye area.
- After a facelift, forehead plastic surgery or fat transfer, do not place a cold pack on the surgical site.
- If at all possible, spend the first few post-operative days and nights in the company of a close person. A sense of security and peace of mind help with the recovery process!
- Lie flat on your back, propping your head and shoulders up with a few pillows.
- In the first days after your surgery, drink sufficient water and eat liquid or puréed food that is easy to digest.
- Even for light pain, take painkillers, for example, Paracetamol or Dolmen.
- On the third or fourth day after your surgery, we recommend having a therapeutic lymphatic drainage massage.
- Before having stitches removed, take a shower and wash your hair. The time for suture removal depends on the specific procedure. You will be informed when you can come in for the procedure.
- Light physical activity is allowed three to four weeks after surgery and you can return to your usual (pre-surgery) physical activity levels after the sixth week.
- During the post-operative check-up, you will be given personalised advice on wound and scar care.
Dr. Tiia Tamme Kirurgia OÜ
J. Vilmsi tn. 41, Kadriorg, 10115
TALLINN - ESTONIA
+372 51 25 176 Tue.-Fri. 9.00 - 17.00
Reg. nr. 12616953
©2021 - 2023 All Rights Reserved